From the rambling mind of Mr. Tim McLeod…
1. On Thursday, Vince Velasquez, Jordan Zimmermann, Danny Salazar, Jaime Garcia, and Jason Hammel combined to go 5-0, tossing 36 innings of shutout ball, with 45 strikeouts. The early fears that hitting has caught up to pitching have been alleviated.
2. As we close out the second week of the season the Philadelphia Phillies have earned more victories than the Houston Astros.
3. BJ should have changed his name to Melvin in 2013.
4. Tony Wolters of the Colorado Rockies has stolen three bases. That is one less than the combined total of all MLB catchers. Who is Tony Wolters?
5. The Giants definitely have an “Angel in the Outfield.”
6. Jarrod Saltalamacchia leads all catchers in offensive production with three homers and ten RBI.
7. Austin Voth will make his major league debut before Lucas Giolito.
8. Heading into the season…
View original post 208 more words